Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Message From the Front

One of America's brave soldiers sends his latest experiences from Iraq:

Hello everyone-
Man have I done some really interesting and exciting things since the last e-mail. My squad has picked up some new IP stations and we have been checking on things there. We are seeing how they stand on situations and other things. One of the places we go to is pretty close to the Tigris River. This is really crazy because a lot of the things around here have been here since the very first Bible was written from actual events. Well anyways, I have some beautiful pics of me and my battles right on the shore of the river with tress and the mountains and other things in the background. I even have a pic of me in a fisherman's little boat floating on the Tigris. While we were there there was a 15 year old teenager who had a horrible gash in his right heel. He should have seen a doctor as soon as it happened. But as always they don't really do that around here. He had a cotton ball stuffed in the gash with a piece of cloth tied around it. It was deep and about 3 inches long. You could see about almost an inch of tissue, both dead and alive. I cleaned up his wound with alcohol and removed his cotton cloth that had fused almost to the wound. He was a trooper. We explained it would hurt but he said he could handle it. I had to swipe out all the puss and dirt from the wound with the alcohol swabs. I wrapped it properly and told him not to walk on it because it will just split back open and not heal properly. I also gave him some Ibuprofen for the pain. He and the other 25 kids watching were amazed with what I was
doing and they kept saying "Doc" and stuff, I just laughed. It made me feel really good. The day before yesterday we went to Kurdistan. Technically its not a country but they feel that it is. Its like 97% Kurdish people, and they all hate Sadam and his evil cruel ways. They are very thankful for us helping them now and back in the early 90's. We were in a green zone so we were allowed to take our gear off and walk around the town of Dohuk. We walked through the market and people stopped us to get pictures with us and say thank you and hello. We ran into some people from Canada and Norway. Kinda funny. We sat down at a Kurdish restaraunt and had lunch. We had so much food to eat and it was only 6 bucks. I have tons of pictures and video of our trip. Well I am going to get off here for now. Thanks again for everything everyone... Love all you guys and God Bless. Maa elsalama, <----good-bye> -- Josh

Thank you, Josh and all in your unit, for defending America and bringing freedom to an oppressed people. God bless all of you!

2 comments:

Malott said...

Thanks Charles.

This is the kind of positive stuff we don't hear about.

ChuckL said...

You're welcome. I hope to be able to post more in the future, with Josh's permission.

Good to hear from you!