Thursday, June 25, 2009

How Will You Pay for It?


"How will you pay for it?" This is the question I am going to ask each and every Congress person in my state concerning any proposed nationalized healthcare plan (ie, Obamacare). Before any of my elected representatives agree to any Obamacare plan, I want each and every one of them to explain to me the cost and how it will be paid for. And I want an answer that is clear, concise, and comprehensive. Think that's even remotely possible?

Here's what prompted me to think of this:
Overspending May Block Obamacare


Here is the text of my letter to my Congress-people:

*****
Dear (Senator)/(Representative):

Once again, my government is in a head-over-heels hurry to pass massive, expensive, and liberty limiting legislation and policy without allowing adequate time for vigorous debate. This time, it is health care legislation. I have three simple questions for you concerning health care legislation.

(1) How much will this health care legislation cost?

(2) How do you propose the cost of this health care legislation will be covered?

(3) Are you going to forego your current health care plan and join the one mandated for most Americans by the health care proposals being initiated and pushed by this administration?

Sincerely,

*****
Use it as you see fit.

No comments: