Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Letter


Here is my letter to my Congressmen and President:

*****
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
– The 10th Amendment to the Constitution

I find it deeply troubling that so many of my elected officials in the executive and legislative branches of government are working intently to violate the 10th Amendment. All of you have taken an oath of office and have stated to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. How can we be a nation of laws if the supreme law of the land, our Constitution, is ignored?

I still believe in the 10th Amendment, as well as the entire U.S. Constitution, and respectfully ask that you represent me by adhering to our vital founding document.


Sincerely,

*****

I encourage you to send your own. Use as much or as little of my text as you want. Sadly, our elected officials these days need a strong reminder about the source of government from we, the people.

No comments: