Monday, April 20, 2009

Prepare for Hate Mail


Here comes the thought police. Carrie Prejean, Miss California, was asked in the Miss USA pageant if she believed in gay marriage. Her answer: "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised." I hope she is prepared for hate mail & hate speech.

You can imagine how the tolerant left and homosexual communities are taking this. They cannot imagine how anyone not slobbering over homosexual marriage "rights" could be crowned Miss California. "
Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, tells FOXNews.com that he was 'saddened' by Prejean's statement.'As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman,' said Lewis in a statement." Now will it be a requirement for all Miss California contestants to sign an affidavit of support for homosexual perversity?

******
Miss California's answer sparked a shouting match in the lobby after the show. "It's ugly," said Scott Ihrig, a gay man, who attended the pageant with his partner. "I think it's ridiculous that she got first runner-up. That is not the value of 95 percent of the people in this audience. Look around this audience and tell me how many gay men there are." (FOX News, 4/20/2009)
******

News flash for Mr. Ihrig: Miss California was asked if she "believes" in homosexual marriage, not you. Are you suggesting that your immorality is to be imposed on Miss Prejean?

Rhetorical question, I know.

(Photo: Miss Carrie Prejean, Miss California)

2 comments:

Malott said...

On Fox and Friends someone made the point that Miss California got a much harder question than Obama received at his recent press conference.

ChuckL said...

Miss California didn't get to pick and choose the reporters who are privileged to ask the questions.

I think she was set up.