Saturday, August 15, 2009

Learned a New Trick


Given all the serious stuff going on, I thought I'd try something a bit on the lite side. Besides, I have always been about sharing new insights I've been privileged to pick up along the way, and this is one of them.

No doubt like many of you, I have been using aluminum foil, saran wrap, and other products that come on a roll for decades. So there have been plenty of times when you're pulling on the stuff and the whole roll leaps out of the box. Just last night on Wheel of Fortune, I discovered how to prevent that from happening. This had to be Providential, since I do not watch the Wheel with regularity. In fact, I was actually waiting for another program and was just "channel surfing."

Anyway, here's the "secret:" On the ends of the boxes of rolls of foil and plastic wrap are perforated tabs that you can push on which bend inward. Once you do that, the roll is kept in place by that tab. I never knew that until Pat Sajak revealed it last night, and I learned a new trick.

So, go ahead and laugh at me if you want for not already knowing this, but if you did know it, why didn't you tell me? Think of all the frustration & aggravation I could have saved myself all these years!

2 comments:

Bryan Alexander said...

I never knew that either.

ChuckL said...

Sharing knowledge is great! And now my children know about it years ahead (relatively speaking) of when I found out. Nifty.